Shutter Asia Forum

Shutter Asia Forum (http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Landscape, Cityscape and Panorama (http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Quiet Morning @ Kionsom Waterfalls, Inanam, Sabah (http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18878)

Metalz 09-14-2008 11:35 AM

Quiet Morning @ Kionsom Waterfalls, Inanam, Sabah

4 Attachment(s)
Trying to learn by taking somemore photos. C&C welcomed so that I have an ideas what's wrong with my shot in technical aspects.

Attachment 29446

Attachment 29447

Attachment 29448

Attachment 29449

orionmystery 09-14-2008 03:41 PM

The last one looks the best to me. The water was a bit overexposed but good try :). Did you use any filter?

twsttl 09-14-2008 03:54 PM

Liking the #2 the best.
The last 2 seen blown away the highlight of the water.

Ps:- wow, never know Kionsom(or Kianson?) got such beautiful place for photography.:)
Long already didn't go back to Land Below The Wind.:(:(

limgt 09-14-2008 04:12 PM

I think you shoot a little bit too late. Best time to shoot waterfalls are 7-9am, that's when before the sun shines too much, therefore causing overexposed shots. If you're late then ND filter will help avoiding overexposure.

ridzuan 09-14-2008 04:15 PM

well done, like the no2, personally i'd prefer you crop the top 25%.

Metalz 09-14-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orionmystery (Post 177072)
The last one looks the best to me. The water was a bit overexposed but good try :). Did you use any filter?

Didn't use any filter. Now want to buy one ND filter since you guys always talking about it. In my possesion, I have just CPL filrer. Can it be used in this kind of situation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by limgt (Post 177081)
I think you shoot a little bit too late. Best time to shoot waterfalls are 7-9am, that's when before the sun shines too much, therefore causing overexposed shots. If you're late then ND filter will help avoiding overexposure.

Actually I realize it quite a bit late. Arrive there bout 8.30am but for Sabah it's like 9.30am in Semenanjung. So the sun already rise-up and the water been exposed to much by the light. Don't have ND filter. Actually I also bit dissapointed with the product. Must go next time to that place very early morning. Try to do it dalam masa terdekat ini.

What are the higher f stop that apperture can go with manual mode? Is it depends on the lens? Using this lens Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G and the highest I get was f/22.

orionmystery 09-14-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalz (Post 177087)
Didn't use any filter. Now want to buy one ND filter since you guys always talking about it. In my possesion, I have just CPL filrer. Can it be used in this kind of situation?

Actually I realize it quite a bit late. Arrive there bout 8.30am but for Sabah it's like 9.30am in Semenanjung. So the sun already rise-up and the water been exposed to much by the light. Don't have ND filter. Actually I also bit dissapointed with the product. Must go next time to that place very early morning. Try to do it dalam masa terdekat ini.

What are the higher f stop that apperture can go with manual mode? Is it depends on the lens? Using this lens Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G and the highest I get was f/22.

I used CPL in my Sg. Congkak shots. Works quite well. F22 is good enough as you don't want diffraction softness.

Metalz 09-14-2008 04:59 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. It's help me a lot for my future pictures. Now I know what wrong with it and what should filter should I use. Actually that overexposed really make me pening kepala. Because of the timing, i know it have overexposed part while taking a shot and don't know how to get rid of it.

Metalz 09-14-2008 05:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are the others. It is quite challenging have a photo session while fasting. Like want to take a dive in that cold water.

Attachment 29462

Attachment 29460

Attachment 29461

EdwinTan 09-14-2008 05:43 PM

5 and 6 works for me....i like the cooling feel :)