Shutter Asia Forum

Shutter Asia Forum (http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Systems & 3rd Party Lenses (http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Need Advice For Sigma Lenses (http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47843)

Xplorer 03-02-2012 10:40 AM

Need Advice For Sigma Lenses

Hi Sifu/Snr,

I would like to know anyone of you or friend try out below lenses?

Any comments ?

Sigma 17-50 mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM

Sigma 17-70 mm f/2.8-4.0 DC Macro OS HSM

Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX DC MACRO HSM

Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM (Mark II) - Ppl said is better then Nikon 18-200mm VR II

Note : Plan to attach to Nikon D7000.

Thanx in Advanced :)

analoguelover 02-19-2013 01:47 PM

I've never try any Sigma for nikon mount before, but I've got my hands on the Sigma 18-200 for Sony mount.

Although not a very good comparison made but yeah I've also play around with the Nikon 18-200

What I think about the nikon is, the focus is great not much noise nor movement that you can feel, picture quality wise is great, the focus speed is decent too.

As for the sigma, I think picture quality wise is on par with the Nikon, but focusing is the annoying part. I find that sigma lens (May be not a right comparison made) but yeah the focus is quite noisy and tend to be prone to have issue.
It have that noisy motor sound, and also it is kinda broken as in the focus aren't accurate and it rotates in a very weird manner that you cannot actually use it properly.

I'm not sure about other build sigma lens but feedback was fairly good some even better than the original build.

Xplorer 02-26-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by analoguelover (Post 427627)
I've never try any Sigma for nikon mount before, but I've got my hands on the Sigma 18-200 for Sony mount.

Although not a very good comparison made but yeah I've also play around with the Nikon 18-200

What I think about the nikon is, the focus is great not much noise nor movement that you can feel, picture quality wise is great, the focus speed is decent too.

As for the sigma, I think picture quality wise is on par with the Nikon, but focusing is the annoying part. I find that sigma lens (May be not a right comparison made) but yeah the focus is quite noisy and tend to be prone to have issue.
It have that noisy motor sound, and also it is kinda broken as in the focus aren't accurate and it rotates in a very weird manner that you cannot actually use it properly.

I'm not sure about other build sigma lens but feedback was fairly good some even better than the original build.

OK! TQVM for the input :)

Mark_Boucher 03-25-2015 07:23 PM