Shutter Asia Forum

Shutter Asia Forum (http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Events, Gatherings & Happenings (http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Best places to shoot during Earth Hour (http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28906)

abinesh 03-27-2009 12:27 PM

Best places to shoot during Earth Hour

Earth Hour is on the 28th of March 2009 between 8.30pm-9.30pm. Many major landmarks will be going dark for that hour. You can view a complete list of events and buildings at earthhour.org/malaysia.

Do you know the best place to shoot before and during earth hour?

Here are some

Will you be capturing Earth Hour?

Lets develop a list of best places to take some pictures of the before and during shots for earth hour.

MidValley & Gardens
- We were adviced by midvalley & gardens that the best place to capture the entire midvally &gardens is from the Abdullah Hukum LRT station

KL Tower
- There is a spot on the way up to the tower(before the parking entrance that you can capture the entire tower

Sunway Pyramid
- There is a appartment across the road from Sunway which has a view of the entire Sunway City

KL Skyline
- Ampang
- Duke Highway

Know of any other locations?

karheng 03-27-2009 12:46 PM

Gardens and MV can be caught from the other side, of the federal highway, near RTM, lembah pantai side as well....i saw a good view from there before...

jackyyong 03-27-2009 02:23 PM

How about other places than Klang Valley? I am thinking about the Penang Bridge ..... but then again, it's all dark, how in the world are we gonna get any pictures out of them?

On a side note, it will be a perfect time for a night to look for stars! :P

newnoob 03-27-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackyyong (Post 270905)
How about other places than Klang Valley? I am thinking about the Penang Bridge ..... but then again, it's all dark, how in the world are we gonna get any pictures out of them?

On a side note, it will be a perfect time for a night to look for stars! :P

Agreed!! I'm planning to get a shot from "look-out point" hill in Hulu Klang/ Ampang side...got a nice view of KL city...juz hope there are not too many people since that place is always packed

AD32 03-28-2009 09:55 AM

Yah.. "Look Out Point".. good idea.. :D

noruazumi 03-28-2009 10:17 AM

If I want to shoot during Earth Hour, I would consider doing a time-lapse or record a video instead. It will be much more interesting to see the state changes from fully-lit buildings to pitch dark buildings then to fully-lit buildings again. During the light-off period, let's hope that the street lights will still be on. Else, it would not be interesting.

cheewooi 03-28-2009 05:33 PM

Pleas take rain into consideration, I am plannign to shoot at earth hour, time lapse photography. Now the problem is finding a good location to shoot even it is rain.