Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Photography > Food & Eating
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Old 12-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Shuttertastic

鸿图(Hung Tu), Ipoh Old Town.

Havent been there for ages since i got down to KL. Was their regular last time when i still in ipoh about 14 yrs ago. i still remember their favorite for me is their fried all kind of wantan. porridge also thier famous things to order.

Went back there last weekend for some memory refresh and someone keep reminding me to go there because of "ho ciak" aired on nation tv.

DSC_0004.JPG
Try to be there early. u can hardly get a table after 7:30pm and get ready to know wat u wanna order and order more better than less. or else u will have to wait again for the food.

DSC_0012.JPG
RM8 (Small - just nice for 2 person with a mee/rice)
fish wantan. the fish is fresh and fried till almost each till perfection. dont worry about the oil. u will be amaze about how less oil it can be. they serve with tomato sauce. nothing great about the sauce. i still prefer the freshness of the fish meat inside.

DSC_0015.JPG
RM7 (Small - just nice for 2 person with a mee/rice)
wantan. this is something normal. but they used some plum with the tomato source. it works perfectly for me.

Ho Ciak recommended the Hung Tu mee but we never order it as we find it nothing special. we ordered something called Kwai Far Mee. Its cooked with yee meen. seriously i dont like yee meen as thier fried those meen and left all those over cooked oil taste on the meen.

this Kwai Far meen used yee meen but without the yucky oily taste. i kinda love it.

c&c welcome. foods and photos.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:41 PM
Serious Shutter

great i go there one day long time dint eat the mee /just back from uk holiday i live in ipoh too buddy.happy new years/good luck every years/