Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Photography > Black and White Images
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2011, 11:08 AM
lixin's Avatar
lixin lixin is offline
Shuttertastic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Penang
Posts: 779
Thanks: 391
Thanked 95 Times in 91 Posts
Country:
Wink Kampung Sitiawan [IR] 2 mono...

Just doing some IR shooting during CNY holiday @ my Kampung....better then sit and watch TV.....Another run with Samyang 18-28mm manual lens.
Complete photos of this series please visit here:http://soohookinwen.multiply.com/pho...03_SITIAWAN_IR

-1-
IMG_9630_B&W.jpg


-2-
IMG_9633_B&W.jpg


-3-
IMG_9660_B&W.jpg


-4-
IMG_9684_B&W.jpg


-5-
IMG_9642_B&W.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2011, 12:05 PM
jack89's Avatar
jack89 jack89 is offline
Shutter Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melaka
Posts: 136
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Country:
great series~ =)
the scenery is nice with IR~
thanks for sharing~
__________________
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/iwqb

因为[真],所以[美]~
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jack89 For This Useful Post:
lixin (02-16-2011)
  #3  
Old 02-16-2011, 12:14 PM
lixin's Avatar
lixin lixin is offline
Shuttertastic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Penang
Posts: 779
Thanks: 391
Thanked 95 Times in 91 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack89 View Post
great series~ =)
the scenery is nice with IR~
thanks for sharing~
Ai Yoo...TQ iulung.....if got trip 2 Penang..PM me oki..we go for shooting trip..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-17-2011, 05:13 AM
mujib's Avatar
mujib mujib is offline
Shutterfreak
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Penang
Posts: 2,935
Thanks: 377
Thanked 140 Times in 131 Posts
Country:
wohooo!
lixin never jio me ~ kekekeke... (jk)
it seems like ur Samyang lens doin pretty good!

nice series anyway~
__________________
CANON™ Sniper
Attach your picture inline | Check EXIF |Image Posting Guidelines
Flickr | Blog
We loved beauty without being extravagant and we love wisdom without being soft....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mujib For This Useful Post:
lixin (02-17-2011)
  #5  
Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 AM
lixin's Avatar
lixin lixin is offline
Shuttertastic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Penang
Posts: 779
Thanks: 391
Thanked 95 Times in 91 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujib View Post
wohooo!
lixin never jio me ~ kekekeke... (jk)
it seems like ur Samyang lens doin pretty good!

nice series anyway~
Mujib Sensei,
Dis Sunday will joint u lor...we wait for Master R ideal shooting location nier.....Yes this old Samyang lens perform great with IR..although it is less contrast compare with Sigma 10-20...but in IR this will make foliage look soft and more wash out......Better poison ur brother 2 convert his 1000D 2 IR...

Another manual lens is coming..will share D result here after i have it...[Tamron Adaptamatic 21mm F4.5]
__________________

Last edited by lixin; 02-17-2011 at 09:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lixin For This Useful Post:
mujib (02-17-2011)
  #6  
Old 02-17-2011, 11:55 AM
mujib's Avatar
mujib mujib is offline
Shutterfreak
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Penang
Posts: 2,935
Thanks: 377
Thanked 140 Times in 131 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lixin View Post
Mujib Sensei,
Dis Sunday will joint u lor...we wait for Master R ideal shooting location nier.....Yes this old Samyang lens perform great with IR..although it is less contrast compare with Sigma 10-20...but in IR this will make foliage look soft and more wash out......Better poison ur brother 2 convert his 1000D 2 IR...

Another manual lens is coming..will share D result here after i have it...[Tamron Adaptamatic 21mm F4.5]
i have no idea yet where we gonna go.. but we do have few places to go~
u dowan bring your honda-5 series~ ? haha..

im thinking to buy camera that already converted to IR ..
dont want to poison my bro yet
__________________
CANON™ Sniper
Attach your picture inline | Check EXIF |Image Posting Guidelines
Flickr | Blog
We loved beauty without being extravagant and we love wisdom without being soft....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mujib For This Useful Post:
lixin (02-17-2011)
  #7  
Old 02-17-2011, 01:44 PM
lixin's Avatar
lixin lixin is offline
Shuttertastic
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Penang
Posts: 779
Thanks: 391
Thanked 95 Times in 91 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujib View Post
wohooo!
lixin never jio me ~ kekekeke... (jk)
it seems like ur Samyang lens doin pretty good!

nice series anyway~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujib View Post
i have no idea yet where we gonna go.. but we do have few places to go~
u dowan bring your honda-5 series~ ? haha..

im thinking to buy camera that already converted to IR ..
dont want to poison my bro yet
When confirm do inform me, ok?.....2 excited 2 go shooting trip with Sensei 4 d first times...
if D place very far..then i need 2 park my Honda 5 series at master R house...

Is a good idea 2 buy 2nd hand IR converted camera...just need to check a lot of staff before deal..will updates you when we meet....my suggestion camera for canon IR are 350D & 400D...why??? ...

Just got updates from Unker G..my new Tamy 21mm M42 mount lens already arrive 2 day ...Unker G just can not take his eye aways from it...will use this on Sunday...check his FB..i think he got photo there
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-17-2011, 05:16 PM
mujib's Avatar
mujib mujib is offline
Shutterfreak
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Penang
Posts: 2,935
Thanks: 377
Thanked 140 Times in 131 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lixin View Post
When confirm do inform me, ok?.....2 excited 2 go shooting trip with Sensei 4 d first times...
if D place very far..then i need 2 park my Honda 5 series at master R house...

Is a good idea 2 buy 2nd hand IR converted camera...just need to check a lot of staff before deal..will updates you when we meet....my suggestion camera for canon IR are 350D & 400D...why??? ...

Just got updates from Unker G..my new Tamy 21mm M42 mount lens already arrive 2 day ...Unker G just can not take his eye aways from it...will use this on Sunday...check his FB..i think he got photo there
hahaha... i cannot tahan coz the viper & Python keep on poison~
hahahaha... so maybe i try to look around see if got nice deal one then maybe i grab it loh~
hehehehehe..
__________________
CANON™ Sniper
Attach your picture inline | Check EXIF |Image Posting Guidelines
Flickr | Blog
We loved beauty without being extravagant and we love wisdom without being soft....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mujib For This Useful Post:
lixin (02-17-2011)
  #9  
Old 02-19-2011, 02:01 PM
minjeh80 minjeh80 is offline
Shutter Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 173
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Country:
Sitiawan is my kampung too, you really made it looked real nice
__________________
Photography - way to preserve environment
www.flickr.com/photos/minjeh
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to minjeh80 For This Useful Post:
lixin (02-19-2011)
  #10  
Old 02-19-2011, 04:33 PM
jack89's Avatar
jack89 jack89 is offline
Shutter Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melaka
Posts: 136
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lixin View Post
Ai Yoo...TQ iulung.....if got trip 2 Penang..PM me oki..we go for shooting trip..
Haha~ thanks lixin~ really looking forward to have a trip to penang for shooting.. really love to have the food and the street photography there~ =)
Oh ya, if u got time come to melaka, also dun forget to inform me~ =)
hehe~
take k~
__________________
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/iwqb

因为[真],所以[美]~
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jack89 For This Useful Post:
lixin (02-19-2011)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Le Tour De Sitiawan benjihoney Event Photography 7 03-30-2011 02:23 PM
Thaipusam in Sitiawan benjihoney Event Photography 2 03-12-2011 02:26 PM
Kampung Sitiawan Sea Front lixin Black and White Images 0 01-06-2011 04:00 PM
Vesak- Sitiawan benjihoney Event Photography 2 05-14-2009 12:48 PM
Thaipusam ala Sitiawan benjihoney Event Photography 1 02-09-2009 01:20 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Content and Design Copyright © 2007-2013 Shutter Asia - All Rights Reserved
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design