Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Shutter Asia General > News & Announcements
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Old 07-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Shuttertastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leechbite View Post
congrats to the winner... is it possible to share the photos of the other entries?
Not sure about the others, but my entry is the below. Btw other pics here ->:http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46510

Her Home, Her Life, Her Future.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Shutter Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper79 View Post
Of what is stated above,... that is what puzzles me most. Being a working photographer / pro photographer as you said you are,... I am sure you know what an appropriate exposure is, no?
Like what I'd said early, it's my experience that you'd have to forego either the subject or the sky is such a high contrast condition (as in the winning photo). I'd go with the kid to let the sky blow out in order to properly expose the subject which is dark. You cannot have the best of both world without layer PPing and my digital cam cannot capture such a high dynamic range.

Working @ http://www.facebook.com/BelloPictures
Old 07-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Shutterfreak

As a photographer, best if you can just be yourself. Don't ever bother what judges will look at your picture, but you must show your best one. Different judges will definitely have different point of view. Some might like your picture; but some might not. It is usually the first impression. Trust me... The first impression is the most important part; and that is one of the reason why this kid won the contest.

Cheer up!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Shutter Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiepo View Post
Like what I'd said early, it's my experience that you'd have to forego either the subject or the sky is such a high contrast condition (as in the winning photo). I'd go with the kid to let the sky blow out in order to properly expose the subject which is dark. You cannot have the best of both world without layer PPing and my digital cam cannot capture such a high dynamic range.
Sorry to say this, but I guess you'll never know the full capabilities of getting the right exposure. Just to note that digicams are built with histograms as well.