Old 04-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Shutterfreak

Another Street Candid Around KL

Old 04-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Shuttertastic

again...luv your series bro, tho some lil' bit overexposed
Old 04-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Shutterfreak

thanks dnl8868, can be specific which one is overexpose? you mean the subject overexpose? that will help me...

Last edited by SooHK; 04-04-2009 at 10:19 AM..
Old 04-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Shutter Fan

nice series.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Shutter Starter

good effort. although i would suggest you never to shot from hip again. i can feel your fear. a good street photographer should not afraid of his own environment. you must be brave. make yourself comfortable first, then shoot. otherwise it will be just like other typical PnS snapshots..
Old 04-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Shutterfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinder View Post
nice series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamenoob View Post
good effort. although i would suggest you never to shot from hip again. i can feel your fear. a good street photographer should not afraid of his own environment. you must be brave. make yourself comfortable first, then shoot. otherwise it will be just like other typical PnS snapshots..
thanks path finder

thanks lamenoob... have ur tried it, shot from the hip? Shot from hip is not about fear of the environment is about the candidness you get. I am using a PnS and most shot is about less than 5 feet away from the subject. Did u see the video I post in my last post? Joe Wig, he shot from the hip too. You did not? should view it....
Old 04-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Shutterfreak

Hmmm street shooting has lots of subjects, looking at the first few I thot there was a theme of ppl smoking series .
nonetheless some good shots all the same.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Shutter Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooHK View Post
thanks path finder

thanks lamenoob... have ur tried it, shot from the hip? Shot from hip is not about fear of the environment is about the candidness you get. I am using a PnS and most shot is about less than 5 feet away from the subject. Did u see the video I post in my last post? Joe Wig, he shot from the hip too. You did not? should view it....
you are wrong. a true street photog blend into his subject to make himself invisible. you should learn more from HCB. candidness does necessarily mean shooting from hip (eventhough sometimes it does). blending into the environment well send your viewer the message you are a true street walker, not just a tourist. i mean look at your pictures, anybody with a camera can do it and within 10 or 20 years from now do you think ppl will appreciate your works? just think about it. this is what i always think everytime i do my shots. its about passion for the street. photography comes later. try blend longer into your subjects, viewers will notice the difference. do not afraid because subjects always "do" candid. you just need to be patient. candidness is about patience, not snapshots.

well, its just an advice, if you feel happy enough, i cant say anything.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Shutterfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlic View Post
Hmmm street shooting has lots of subjects, looking at the first few I thot there was a theme of ppl smoking series .
nonetheless some good shots all the same.
Thanks for the comment..
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamenoob View Post
you are wrong. a true street photog blend into his subject to make himself invisible. you should learn more from HCB. candidness does necessarily mean shooting from hip (eventhough sometimes it does). blending into the environment well send your viewer the message you are a true street walker, not just a tourist. i mean look at your pictures, anybody with a camera can do it and within 10 or 20 years from now do you think ppl will appreciate your works? just think about it. this is what i always think everytime i do my shots. its about passion for the street. photography comes later. try blend longer into your subjects, viewers will notice the difference. do not afraid because subjects always "do" candid. you just need to be patient. candidness is about patience, not snapshots.
well, its just an advice, if you feel happy enough, i cant say anything.
Thanks lamenoob for ur comment again. I disagree with you on the shot from the hip. Hahaha. Before I continue I hope lets not get into those thread that you hammer me and I hammer ur type. Disagreement does not means you are right and I am wrong or vice versa as during each phase of photography we gain additional experience & information. You probably have gain yours but I am still gaining mine.

Example if you look at my early day at SA or 2 years ago when I started this hobby, my photo were very saturated and very high in contrast. And at that point of time I also believe that is the right way. As I move forward I found that this 2 element works in a very low percentage of image but not all.
Its healthy to disagree in a public forum. If there is no negative comments then the OP does not improves.

I do believe that my photo is not as good as most of you guys as I am still learning. I am slow learner. Hence my disagreement is not on "quality of my shots" as now I am at those phase which I am trying out the shot from the hip style during my lunch time which is less than 30 minutes walk. I used to walk for 6 hours plus on weekend for SP but now the weekend is fill with fashion shows If you have spare time search those old thread of mine and leave ur valuable comment I welcome it for me to improve.

However I do believe in whatever way the image is being taken it does not matter be it shot from the hip or snap using 200/300mm with nice bokeh or snap lying down or wait until the subject treat you as one of them as long as the final output is good. Or probably 200/300mm is not good idea for some as those who follow HCB style are never into bokeh in street shots, right?
I love the streets and SP too. One question for you lamenoob, how does one differrentiate between a documentary and SP? Or is it the same?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Shutterfreak

oh yeah lamenoob one more thing, u seen joewig image? I think his image that won him the WNYC SP is good to me. What about you?