Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Photography > Black and White Images
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-30-2009, 07:35 AM
hanuman's Avatar
hanuman hanuman is offline
Shutter Council
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 901
Thanks: 7
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Country:
Tori - 鳥

Trying to create a painting like image (Chinese Black Ink). The original image was way too under exposed to be salvaged for color. Please share your comments and feedback.
_MG_5630.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-30-2009, 12:09 PM
JackJack's Avatar
JackJack JackJack is offline
Shutterfreak
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: internet
Posts: 2,239
Thanks: 22
Thanked 25 Times in 12 Posts
Country:
nice effort putting to save this picture!

i think it will look great if more sharpness is apply to the picture
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-30-2009, 12:10 PM
noruazumi's Avatar
noruazumi noruazumi is offline
Shutter Council
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: penang - shah alam - kuantan
Posts: 4,474
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Country:
I like it! Personally I would blur the branch so that its sharpness equal to the bird. Painting usually not sharp.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-30-2009, 12:47 PM
hanuman's Avatar
hanuman hanuman is offline
Shutter Council
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 901
Thanks: 7
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJack View Post
nice effort putting to save this picture!

i think it will look great if more sharpness is apply to the picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by noruazumi View Post
I like it! Personally I would blur the branch so that its sharpness equal to the bird. Painting usually not sharp.
Domo Arigato .... Thank you for feedback ... I will try harder
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 AM
hanuman's Avatar
hanuman hanuman is offline
Shutter Council
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 901
Thanks: 7
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Country:
Wan more. Please provide feedback.
_MG_5631.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2009, 03:49 PM
alesshans's Avatar
alesshans alesshans is offline
Shutterfreak
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I am a Penangkia mar...
Posts: 1,588
Thanks: 21
Thanked 28 Times in 23 Posts
Country:
nice photo and effect...for the #1 ...i prefer u leave the frame black...and put those japanese word onto the blank area...using caligraphy font...the rest with roman character i prefer not to add into the image...a bit complicated for me...hahaha...
just my 2 cents...
__________________
My Blogger & Flickr
We come to photography not by finding a perfect camera, but by learning to use an imperfect camera perfectly
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2009, 03:56 PM
KCOne's Avatar
KCOne KCOne is offline
Serious Shutter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 392
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Country:
TORi

Nice trick. Can't tell whether it is a pic or painting. I will want to try this myself. Thanks for the tip.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-03-2009, 03:39 AM
kswizz kswizz is offline
New Shutter User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: selangor
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
wow..nice catch.. i tot was painting... thanks for sharing.
__________________
___________________________________________
Canon 40d, 16-35mm F2.8 L,
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2009, 04:05 AM
iwhizz's Avatar
iwhizz iwhizz is offline
Shuttertastic
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: negeri cik siti wan kembang
Posts: 695
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Country:
nice shot.. look like old chinesse painting.. Two thumbs up
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-03-2009, 07:21 AM
hanuman's Avatar
hanuman hanuman is offline
Shutter Council
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 901
Thanks: 7
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesshans View Post
nice photo and effect...for the #1 ...i prefer u leave the frame black...and put those japanese word onto the blank area...using caligraphy font...the rest with roman character i prefer not to add into the image...a bit complicated for me...hahaha...
just my 2 cents...
Quote:
Originally Posted by D90 Macro View Post
Nice trick. Can't tell whether it is a pic or painting. I will want to try this myself. Thanks for the tip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kswizz View Post
wow..nice catch.. i tot was painting... thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwhizz View Post
nice shot.. look like old chinesse painting.. Two thumbs up
Thank you all for you feedback.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Content and Design Copyright 2007-2013 Shutter Asia - All Rights Reserved
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design