Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Shutter Asia Others > Introduce Yourself
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:48 AM
Shutter Council

Name's Jay Han.
Well... what can I say about photography and myself... I've always been mesmerized by artistic stuff, and photography is one of those form of art which can be easily "made" - unlike painting or drawings and carvings. My very first camera was a nikon film compact. i roasted it after accidentally submerged it into a waterfall then later stage, i got myself a casio exilim. At that time, it was only 2mpx and it was already like so cool. Then after I started working, I moved on to a SONY W5 pns...although I really would wanna have a DSLR at that time. Brought the black box to England where I am now and shot many stuff. It was fun... I finally made the DSLR plunge here in England and got a 350D package. Shot even more stuff after that as it was like opening a pandora's box to creativity.

I'm now very much into pursuing flash photography and would wanna try master the techniques of location studio portraits. I'm a strong believer of post processing techniques. It makes a good photo - better, and a better photo - awesome. I'm also a believer in contributing as much as I know to the community which deserves it... so occasionally you will find some DIY articles or photoshop tutorials from me posted up in here. I'll be looking forward to go back Malaysia to shoot alongside you fellas

Cheers!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Shutter Council

I'm Ah Chow, very old sales manager in KL...sigh~~. I started taking photograph after saw Maria Sarapova playing tenis and clicking S2IS in cinema...hehe...I bought a S2IS in July 2005, then bought FZ50 in September 2006. So that makes me a prosumer user, and i can't afford to have a DSLR system yet. My favourite subjects are landscape, city scene and still objects.

Edit: I've upgraded to DSLR, it is a Sony A350. Now my favourite subject is Macro !

Last edited by ckchowov; 04-01-2009 at 03:51 PM..
Old 03-18-2007, 02:16 PM
New Shutter User

I m Dynax Attack!!! A newby!!! Please toh toh chee gou!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 10:03 PM
New Shutter User

Newbie on board.
An 'A' mount user.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Shutter Fan

Hi I'm Wei-Ming, commonly known as Ming

Hmm well, I started photography just a couple of years ago when I was presented a Nikon Coolpix 4100. I started taking photos since, and have not stopped.

I was always leaning towards the artistic side and hence got slightly obsessed with photography. I then got a Canon Ixus 55 in Jan 2006 to venture more into this amazing world. It was there when I realised that I wanted this to be a big time hobby. It was May and I had already read up quite a lot about photography altough I'm still learning. It never stops. One day I got reading about DSLRs and then late October, got my first DSLR - The Canon EOS 400D

Since then, I've been in the pursuit of becoming a better photographer. Early December my friends got me a 50/1.8 and I've been shooting with it and my kit lens.

Me, now getting interested in flash photography but can't afford it at the moment. I don't mind shooting any sort of photography but always seem to find portraiture in my CF card!

I like the looks of this forum and would love to learn more from you guys. May we all learn together,
- m i n g

Last edited by Ming; 03-20-2007 at 01:04 AM..
Old 03-23-2007, 07:43 AM
New Shutter User

hi..my name is shahidi..can call me shahidi or shidi.
just new in here..my friend noruazumi tell me about this forum.
coz i took a lot of picture so i also want to participate in this forum.

actually i really dont know how to rate the picture but i think i can learn from u guys..

"Buah cempedak di luar pagar,
Ambil galah tolong jolokkan,
Saya budak baru belajar,
Kalau salah tolong tunjukkan."
Old 03-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Shutter Starter

Hi all

Some of you may know me already. I'm glad to see the birth of a new forum but in order to be truly progressive, I hope we can all chip in to make it the best one to learn and share. That said, to achieve this, we must not only work on our photographic skill but also constructive critique. It won't work if we just praise each other to no end and also it won't work if we keep buying new equipment simply to try to make it the only element to differentiate our photos from others'.

Let's make this a warm and friendly place to share our thoughts. If it's a good photo, say why. If it's not say why too. Be prepared to defend your own photo. If you had put enough thought into it before you released the shutter, then you would have some good reason to do so.

A photo forum, like any enthusiast forum, requires content that is both relevant to beginners and experts.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
Old 03-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Shutter Starter

my name is fazli.. some ppl call me fuzz

i am a newbie..

i have a small camera only...
Old 03-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Shutterfreak

I am qqmeng ... eerr.... not very popular here or any other photography forum as i snap crabs photos ..... i mean craps... ...nothing but crappy snap shot.

most of my photos posted wont get no comment. well.. they dun deserve any comment anywhere.

what else..... oh

i m using DSLR ... just started using it not long ago. now owner of few lousy lens. but my frens told me my lens are not lousy... guess lousy = me then!

the reason i took up DSLR is my family. my kids, my wife and my parents.

and and ... I love you all .

Make love not war. Peace!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Shutter Starter

Hi all,
My name is Grant S., and my Flickr set is under that name, but I have also used the screen name Intensecure for many years.
I am an ex-pat Brit, married to a Malaysian for the last 18 years, but have only settled in Malaysia in the last 2-3 years. Too much travelling until recently to really call it settled
I first got into photography at (ex-pat) school in Holland, back around 1980, and my first camera was a Zenit Russian SLR 1980 Moscow Olympics special edition The only accessories that I was able to scrape up for were a Sunpak flash unit, and a no brand 135mm lens. Took as many pictures as I could afford, and learnt basic darkroom skills, as my school was fortunate enough to have the facilities and a decent photo club. In 1989 I bought one of the first Nikon compact zoom 35mm cameras, and used it everywhere I went. I still have thousands of prints and slides from the last 20 years to catalogue and scan
First digital camera: Fuji 2600 2mp.
2nd & Current camera: Panasonic FZ30. Post process everything with DxO Optics Pro (amazing software!), and simply organise in Picasa. No Photoshop skillz!
I have resisted the DSLR route so far, because I take pictures for personal memories, and travel shots, and because I would undoubtedly bankrupt myself buying glass for a DSLR, because I have no resistance when faced with shiny objects of desire. The FZ30, although limited in some ways, is damn convenient with IS and 12x zoom. My only accessories are a tripod, spare batteries, SD cards, and a circular polarising filter. A simple outfit.
I'm definitely here to learn, because I would like to become more proficient and develop a better eye for detail, and to be in touch with local photographers who can teach me a thing or two about shooting in Malaysia

Edit: Just went out today, 3rd April, and bought a Canon A550 as a carry everywhere camera, the FZ30 being a bit too big for that. What a fantastic little camera it is - simple, yet excellent quality.

Sold FZ30.

June update: Now completely spoiled - Bought a Pentax K100D (fabulous camera) with kit lens, Pentax smc FA 100-300mm, Pentax smc FA 50/1.4, AF280T flash, filters etc. and enjoying every minute of a new hobby! Workflow= Convert to DNG, work in Lightroom. That's all I need.

Last edited by Grant S.; 07-05-2007 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: Bought another camera ;)
Closed Thread