Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Shutter Asia Others > Car Lovers
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Old 01-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Shuttertastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
u may want to consider a mid- to late-90 toyota estima. i used to have the 2.5 supercharger model, great car for long-distance but petrol and maintenance is high. in terms of comfort/luxury, better than naza.
Ok , I'll chk that model out. not sure if can still get financing btw...he..he.. thks

on Naza Ria:
let's say if i only use it for weekends and long journeys (holiday), while normal days i drive a normal car. Would it be reasonable?
> maintenance & petrol shudn't affect me much, rite?

> what i'm worried is like some said, repairs and parts may be on the high side. Esp. for a 2nd hand.
> Anybody has used it for over 5 years and had to do many repairs, like that?

thks

Last edited by dnl8868; 01-14-2010 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 01-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Shutter Fan

One major inherent with Naza Ria is that the car is too heavy for the underpowered engined [ that is designed not to be a fuel - saving engine even when driven sedately ] that doesn't have the required torque to pull the huge MPV.

If you want space, superb fuel consumption, low maintenance, I can only say from Honda, either the new Stream or Odyssey RB1 / RB2. If any of you notice, these new cars from Honda [ including the current Civic 2.0 and Accord ] that comes with engines that is 2 litres and larger, have this low - RPM function when cruising. I have personally driven one, from K.L to J.B, I was cruising at 110 - 130 kph, the RPM drops to around 1k RPM. Result : K.L to J.B only requiring RM 30 bucks worth of RON 97.

But the previous Stream is not bad when it comes to maintenance and fuel consumption too. Plus cheaper road tax structure.

Maybe you have to extend your budget so that there will be more vehicles you can afford to drive, own and maintain?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Shuttertastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyo View Post
If any of you notice, these new cars from Honda [ including the current Civic 2.0 and Accord ] that comes with engines that is 2 litres and larger, have this low - RPM function when cruising. I have personally driven one, from K.L to J.B, I was cruising at 110 - 130 kph, the RPM drops to around 1k RPM. Result : K.L to J.B only requiring RM 30 bucks worth of RON 97.

But the previous Stream is not bad when it comes to maintenance and fuel consumption too. Plus cheaper road tax structure.

Maybe you have to extend your budget so that there will be more vehicles you can afford to drive, own and maintain?

Thks bro, wow is it really that save?
> I've heard some Honda's engine is very economical, tho some older models can be bit 'manja' and easily overheated

> Stream wud be really, really nice! The new model wud be a bit stretch for me, but just maybe - I'll keep it in mind
> btw, does this model also comes with the low-rpm function?

> I did consider the older Stream model (3rd latest), probly year 2002/2003. I like the design. But, I am so surprised coz the price is still high! Somewhere in region of RM70-80K.... do you all think it's still a good buy, after like 7 yrs?
> if i choose this, the 2.0 is recommended over the 1.7, right?

> the 2nd latest Stream i dont really like the front headlamps. look bit dodgy to me, i think - but size-wise seems bigger

> on budget, maybe i can stretch till RM75k most, anybody can suggest other models maybe?

thks so much!