Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Shutter Asia Others > Chit-Chat & Off-Topic
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Old 07-16-2007, 11:40 AM
New Shutter User

Need advice. Spot at the viewfinder

HI,

I bought my D40x a month ago and now already got a spot at the viewfinder . The picture I took do not have the spot. So i guess is at the viewfinder.

I have visited Nikon Malaysia and to clean it, cost about RM150. I already try using the blower but the spot is still there.

Here is the question, should i spent the RM150 to clean it or wait until it affect the CCD? :p Nikon Malaysia clean CCD for free at the moment.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Shuttertastic

Sounds like just dust in the viewfinder. You can wait till the cows come home but it will never affect the CCD.

Leave it alone. If it bugs you that much, send it to another party for cleaning (Jason of J-One comes to mind) and it will cost you much less. However, I will still bear with it and wait until the warranty is over to do that.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:58 PM
New Shutter User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Sounds like just dust in the viewfinder. You can wait till the cows come home but it will never affect the CCD.

Leave it alone. If it bugs you that much, send it to another party for cleaning (Jason of J-One comes to mind) and it will cost you much less. However, I will still bear with it and wait until the warranty is over to do that.
Thanks for the advice.... I think i'll bear with it for now...