Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Shutter Asia General > Events, Gatherings & Happenings
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Shutter Council

Bukit Gasing macro outing - This Sunday.

We're planning to head down to Bukit Gasing this coming Sunday for a repeat visit.

Venue : Bukit Gasing, PJ
Date : Feb 24, Sunday
Time : 9.00 am
Meet-up point : Park entrance. Those who want to have breakfast first can meet up at Raju's earlier.

Do add your name to the list and PM me for your contact numbers if you're interested in joining.

1. Lordmint
2. Orionmystery
3. Nfariz8
4. Liewwk
5. .......
6. .....

Note : If you don't have macro gear and would like to try out macro, I have an extension tube (Canon mount) that you can use with your 50mm.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Shuttertastic

dslr newbie here...

Would like to join you guys but am still getting used to my dslr which I've just collected yesterday night. Have not had the chance to shoot because I work late every day. Only been reading the manual n fiddling with the controls.
I can only indulge on weekends. Was shooting film slrs for sometime n stopped yrs ago. Just got back into the interest. Appreciate your pointers and advice.
Do you guys normally shoot handheld for this kind of trip? I've got my 105micro so would like to try it out.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Shutter Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropixman View Post
Would like to join you guys but am still getting used to my dslr which I've just collected yesterday night. Have not had the chance to shoot because I work late every day. Only been reading the manual n fiddling with the controls.
I can only indulge on weekends. Was shooting film slrs for sometime n stopped yrs ago. Just got back into the interest. Appreciate your pointers and advice.
Do you guys normally shoot handheld for this kind of trip? I've got my 105micro so would like to try it out.
D3 right?

Yeah...we normally shoot handheld. Come join us!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Shutter Council

Quote:
just follow, they are very helpful, trust me..
D3? hehe.. is every trip to bukit gasing a poisonous trip?
i had my share of poison last week and got the antidote for it this weekend..
yipeeeee!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Shutter Council

Quote:
You're more than welcomed to join us.
And yes, we shoot handheld and chit chat to share knowledge
Bring drinking water for yourself as it's gonna be tiring outing. Usually the macro outing will take 3-4 hours ending sometime around 1-2pm.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Shuttertastic

thanks guys..

orion..how did u know its d3. aiya paiseh to mention.. the camera's capabilities way beyond mine but I wanted to buy once n for all so no need to lose $ upgrading in future.
I'm sure if u guys use entry cropped dslr oso, ur pics will be much better..
anyway I need to learn sometime ..really new in digital..apart from pns for casual shots.
thanks for your tips on what to bring...
Old 02-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Shutter Demi-God

Quote:
orion..how did u know its d3. aiya paiseh to mention.. the camera's capabilities way beyond mine but I wanted to buy once n for all so no need to lose $ upgrading in future.
I'm sure if u guys use entry cropped dslr oso, ur pics will be much better..
anyway I need to learn sometime ..really new in digital..apart from pns for casual shots.
thanks for your tips on what to bring...
Saw your earlier threads/posts mah

We get the DOF advantage with cropped sensor
Old 02-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Shuttertastic

remember to take pics of mating bugs ah!! bunny need to golek on bed, kiap bolster n take things easy this weekend bec "not well"...

I Love to Kiap Bolster!! Don't steal my Bolster unless you want to be kiap-ed by me!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Shutter Council

1. Lordmint
2. Orionmystery
3. Nfariz8
4. Liewwk
5. alicialph (tentative)
6. .....

i need help in transportation.. as i don't have a car or a bike.. can anyone give me a lift from any putra lrt stations?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Shuttertastic

transport..

I'm coming from cheras to jln gasing via Federal Highway...so if it there are any stations on d way..no problem...
Closed Thread