Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Gear & Technique > Philosophy & Technique of Photography
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Old 02-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Shutter Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by izso View Post
Assuming the customer is an average joe, you tell them "Look at my LEICA"

Their usual response would be "PANASONIC AH?"

I think it's just lack of appreciation for the camera that makes them choose the "big ass" canon or nikon that's so over popularized.
then they are all color blind! Can't see that big red dot??? hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamworld1977 View Post
i've seen lots of pictures taken by leica... Yeah, i've seen them.. :-)... So, CCD is much better than CMOS...?
In some terms it is better, thats why most of the medium format digital is CCD sensor, and most of the real pro studio works are shoot by MF digital now, I got few MF digital photo sample but the file are too huge(over 300mb/pic) to share here... the details, skin tones and dynamic range was sooooooooooooooo gooooooooooood!!! You can even count their pore when zoom to 100%!

For full frame CCD sensor like in Leica M9 also give stunning result, try download some full resolution pic and zoom to 100% then you see. Or try search the review and comparison here...http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/

The only down size is not support live view I think....
Old 03-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Shutter Guardian

Regardless of how you guys defend the Leica, bear in mind that it's more than just the tool and the photographer.

You see, the couple could have felt that if the guests saw the official photographer using some small looking device, people could end up thinking that they're cheap skate regarding the photos for the day and could only get the poor guy with small camera to shoot.

They can't be explaining to everyone about this guy with his great skills and credentials.

In some weddings, the couple even requested to have multiple photographers on scene! Yes, it can be really kiasu-istic la. End up the photographer clever la, hire 4 other random guys go shoot with flash going around, no CF / SD / Film also nmind. Just shoot whatever you want and don't get in my way - your role is to be there, flash your speedlights so the couple feels good, feel the VALUE FOR MONEY!