Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Photography > Landscape, Cityscape and Panorama
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Old 12-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Shutterfreak

Lata Bukit Hijau

This morning I decided to have a go for a waterfall photoshoot and made appointment with Mujib a nite earlier. It was rather a new experience for me to try the differential lighting condition that I knew will appear in a scene like the forested waterfall of Lata Bukit Hijau, near Baling Kedah. True to my predicament, the shoots turned out bad as the midday sun that penetrated thru tree canopies gave me 2 (opposite) scenes of very starked contrast; too much bright light & reflection while the shaded areas were too dark. My histogram looked like a pair of bra , Either i have blown highlights or too dark to recover details. I am wiser now to be there again when the ambient lighting is softer & balanced. Anyway, here are some of the more successful images.

1) Stairways to Lata Bukit Hijau all covered with moss, I am always for leech lookouts. Very wary of them
_DSC7490 HDR a 819px.jpg

2) This scene was on our way up to the small mountain range of Lata Bukit Hijau. The sky was pleasantly clear and blue, so Mujib and I decided to do another Sekinchan (he bragged so much about Sekinchan%%#!)
_DSC7449a 1024px.jpg

3) A nearby scene to the 2nd image is a paddy field that is very green that save the trouble for me to do ACR adjustment. Clear blue sky (by these few shots, Mujib was all over the place and I wonder then, whether we would be able to reach our destination...)
_DSC7451a 819px.jpg

4) Finally we did reached the Green Hill Falls, and all i got to show is the 1st picture above. Upon our return, perhaps 6-7kms away from the Penang Bridge, Mujib decided to make a quick stop at Sg Dua with vast paddy fields (dejavu) until to the far away horizon. This one, is a water junction gate to irrigate the fields.
_DSC7519a 1024px.jpg

5) "One-for-the road". A successful reenactment of Sekinchan
_DSC7555 819px.jpg

I am fairly certain Mujib will top-up to this thread, but I am not too sure whether he will have enough energy to upload tonite as he continued another solo shoot after he dropped me off at 5pm. Oh, that guy Mujib.. i think he got to spend time to do what JoeChia has achieved. Wedding bells

I also welcome C&C, and thanks for your viewing

Last edited by ridzuan; 12-12-2009 at 10:13 PM..
Old 12-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Shutter Council

Beautiful series, Ridzuan.
Missed the opportunity to meet up with you when I was up in Penang recently. That Mujib guy.. he seems to be spotted at a lot of places.. LOL.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Shutterfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmint View Post
Beautiful series, Ridzuan.
Missed the opportunity to meet up with you when I was up in Penang recently. That Mujib guy.. he seems to be spotted at a lot of places.. LOL.
hahaha... lovely series master ridzuan~ ahaks...
damn.. it was fun trip.. and yeah.. i just arrived home at 12 midnite~ hahaha...
im spotted at a lot of places?~ hahaha..

my leg still pain thO.. (ridzuan knews wat i meant~) .. un-expected incident at bukit hijau~ haha..
We loved beauty without being extravagant and we love wisdom without being soft....
Old 12-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Shutter Fan

Nice captures there...Too bad i'm out of town that day, else would have loved to join u guys...

Btw, no photo of the incident?