Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Shutter Asia General > News & Announcements
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-10-2008, 09:25 AM
noruazumi's Avatar
noruazumi noruazumi is offline
Shutter Council
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: penang - shah alam - kuantan
Posts: 4,474
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyejon View Post
Been wondering for some time but do they pay to be listed?
Nope. We did not charge anything and they didn't make any payment to be listed. Once in a while, they sponsor some stuffs as prizes to be given away to members.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-10-2008, 10:53 AM
aperturef1 aperturef1 is offline
Shutter Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
I was started in forum mainly to hunt some photography stuff, never post any photos because I know in Forum society, if you are nobody, you will get less or no feedback and comments even how impressive your photos are, for some members, I notice their photos simply sucks, just because he/she is someone famous, he/she received lots of positive comments.

Or I put another scenario, someone keep posting some normal photos, for example insects, well, first or second post people will entertain, but keep on posting some normal non challenging photos that me or maybe my maid also know how to shoot, but the members accumulated tones of feedbacks, I started realize those members that gives feedbacks mostly are from the same group of members, simply because they know each other, and need their feedback in return, so they will flood in comments, for whose they don't know, sorry! they don't even care to open their thread.

For those 'nobody' in the forum, what to keep them interest to re-visit this forum beside seeing WTS section?

My advise is, don't bother to stop members doing buy/sell in the forum, sooner or later they will start post their virgin thread and start gain the fun of posting photos, question and reply.

Btw, I noticed my post count has dropped tremendously, is there any rules that I haven't discover regarding how SA decrease your post count if you are not following the rules of ........?

Cheers...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Ah Vier's Avatar
Ah Vier Ah Vier is offline
Shutterfreak
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Penang | Sg. Petani | PJ
Posts: 1,296
Thanks: 88
Thanked 86 Times in 54 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperturef1 View Post
I was started in forum mainly to hunt some photography stuff, never post any photos because I know in Forum society, if you are nobody, you will get less or no feedback and comments even how impressive your photos are, for some members, I notice their photos simply sucks, just because he/she is someone famous, he/she received lots of positive comments.

Or I put another scenario, someone keep posting some normal photos, for example insects, well, first or second post people will entertain, but keep on posting some normal non challenging photos that me or maybe my maid also know how to shoot, but the members accumulated tones of feedbacks, I started realize those members that gives feedbacks mostly are from the same group of members, simply because they know each other, and need their feedback in return, so they will flood in comments, for whose they don't know, sorry! they don't even care to open their thread.

For those 'nobody' in the forum, what to keep them interest to re-visit this forum beside seeing WTS section?

My advise is, don't bother to stop members doing buy/sell in the forum, sooner or later they will start post their virgin thread and start gain the fun of posting photos, question and reply.

Btw, I noticed my post count has dropped tremendously, is there any rules that I haven't discover regarding how SA decrease your post count if you are not following the rules of ........?

Cheers...
I don't agree with you on your statements. This is all about encouragement even though some of them might know each other! You get what I mean? Sometimes, friend's encouragement is always better than no one else...

Also, I would say, most of the new friends or your so called "No One" post in ShutterAsia, will still receive some comments... but not all can accept some comments/critics... so there they leave the forum. No?

As mentioned in the earlier post, every organization has their own rules, same to ShutterAsia. We do have some basic rules for all the members including us, the moderators and staffs. And according to our record, some members have been selling stuffs since months ago, but still they never bother to contribute some photos to share, remember... this is a photography forum. haha...

Well, I don't think we can simply decrease someone's post count, but the post count only increase in certain section of the forums only.

By the way, I hope you can share more photos with us. I believe a lot of people out there have the same thought as me. Happy posting.
__________________
I commented your picture not saying that I am good in taking picture, but I think you can do better than me!

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-10-2008, 11:12 AM
orionmystery's Avatar
orionmystery orionmystery is offline
Shutter Demi-God
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 39'26"N 10142'43"E
Posts: 9,209
Thanks: 16
Thanked 117 Times in 110 Posts
Country:
Post counts will drop if all your WTS threads have been binned.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-10-2008, 11:16 AM
noruazumi's Avatar
noruazumi noruazumi is offline
Shutter Council
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: penang - shah alam - kuantan
Posts: 4,474
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Country:
We can't denied that there are favorism among group members but that doesn't prove that those group of people don't even care about other people's thread. That is an assumption.

search.PNG
If you do a search, we have a lot of threads with ZERO reply. I do have threads with ZERO reply as well. How do I see this scenario? Simple, my photos are not good enough for people to leave a comment and I need to work harder. I do not blame other people or this community for this. I blame myself for taking crappy photos.

About the thread with ZERO reply, when I have free time, I look for the threads and post some comments. If everybody take some time to do this, everybody will be happy.

As I have mentioned earlier, the new policy DOES NOT prohibits members from posting selling threads. You still can do buy/sell here, BUT you must balance your buy/sell activities with photo activities which is the main objective of this community.

I know some members who were actively buying/selling items before here in SA now took some efforts by posting photos, gave constructive comments an etc. after the implementation of this new policy. Based on that, I don't think it is a hard thing to do. Do you?

This new policy is for the benefit of this community not to any particular individuals or groups. It is for you.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-10-2008, 11:38 AM
noordin's Avatar
noordin noordin is offline
Shutter Lord
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,045
Thanks: 0
Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinTiger View Post
As an initiative for the benefit of our members we have noticed many people here at the forum only to use the Buy/Sell sections of Shutter Asia.

For these people please note we are a photography forum, not a buy/sell forum.

The buy/sell section is a bonus for our members, those who are here purely to buy/sell without adding to the community will no longer be tolerated.

If you wish to utilise the buy/sell section of the forum please contribute to the other sections by posting pictures, helping to constructively comment on pictures posted by others, answer questions even asking questions.

You can also share news/reviews and it'd be good if you wish to join outings and events too.

Remember Shutter Asia is about keeping the photography community alive and pushing the bounds of creativity.

Merely buying and selling goods does nothing for the benefit of the community.

Many thanks for your consideration and understanding.

I support this whole heartedly. Lately I found that Shutter Asia has been the website for people to sell their stuffs. So much so it has become a nuisance for me personally and I have have spent much less time here that I would normally do.

It's great that ST has taken steps to address this issue.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-10-2008, 12:13 PM
carllylz's Avatar
carllylz carllylz is offline
Shutter Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 221
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
Maybe SA can start new ruling like for those who wants to sell/buy, must at least post pic/review/comment at minimum let say 20 or 10 posts?
__________________
www.flickr.com/photos/carllylz
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Jackcpc Jackcpc is offline
Serious Shutter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carllylz View Post
Maybe SA can start new ruling like for those who wants to sell/buy, must at least post pic/review/comment at minimum let say 20 or 10 posts?
i agree with u carllylz but i think if everyone of us just contribute (constructively) in any ways possible to the forum, i believe ST would be more than happy and the admin of this SA wont be bother of how many WTS/WB thread there is right ???

Having to have to force "anyone" to put in "anything" before he can buy/sell is pointless.... gone are the days for "Sharing".. mana semangat muhibbah ???

come on everyone.... contribute lar to the forum.... don just be a lurkers and once a while hero !!!

and once again, i really agree with what the admin had done .... this is the only way to keep the forum, nice and clean.... after all, you all surely don want to our forum to be ended as a lelong market forum..... no offense to lelong.com.my cos that is the sole purpose.... but not SA.

Jack
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-10-2008, 01:05 PM
aperturef1 aperturef1 is offline
Shutter Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierchan View Post
I don't agree with you on your statements. This is all about encouragement even though some of them might know each other! You get what I mean? Sometimes, friend's encouragement is always better than no one else...

Also, I would say, most of the new friends or your so called "No One" post in ShutterAsia, will still receive some comments... but not all can accept some comments/critics... so there they leave the forum. No?

As mentioned in the earlier post, every organization has their own rules, same to ShutterAsia. We do have some basic rules for all the members including us, the moderators and staffs. And according to our record, some members have been selling stuffs since months ago, but still they never bother to contribute some photos to share, remember... this is a photography forum. haha...

Well, I don't think we can simply decrease someone's post count, but the post count only increase in certain section of the forums only.

By the way, I hope you can share more photos with us. I believe a lot of people out there have the same thought as me. Happy posting.
Thanks for your explanation. I would definately post some photos if I think worth posting and something special.

But please don't get me wrong, I totally support this thread, I just want to highlight what normally 'small people' or 'nobody' think.

Some people get encouragement or motivation if someone give a positive comments in their post, some people buy/sell or try up new gear will get exitement, some are collectors, they are happy because they found what they want, some are technical freak, they gain satisfaction when he could help another.

No matter who you are, as long as one can gain happiness in this forum, then just let it be.



Quote:
Originally Posted by orionmystery View Post
Post counts will drop if all your WTS threads have been binned.
but the funny part is, I never contribute WTS thread before beside 1 or 2 bump for some friends.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-10-2008, 01:16 PM
jameslow's Avatar
jameslow jameslow is offline
Serious Shutter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bukit Jalil/Sri Petaling
Posts: 448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackcpc View Post
Having to have to force "anyone" to put in "anything" before he can buy/sell is pointless.... gone are the days for "Sharing".. mana semangat muhibbah ???
Jack
I agreed with this, forcing them to hit the minimum quota is pointless, at the end this person will ended up posting some nonsense or invaluable comments and get his quote filled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperturef1 View Post
Thanks for your explanation. I would definately post some photos if I think worth posting and something special.

But please don't get me wrong, I totally support this thread, I just want to highlight what normally 'small people' or 'nobody' think.

Some people get encouragement or motivation if someone give a positive comments in their post, some people buy/sell or try up new gear will get exitement, some are collectors, they are happy because they found what they want, some are technical freak, they gain satisfaction when he could help another.

No matter who you are, as long as one can gain happiness in this forum, then just let it be.

bro, I partially agree with you, but bear in mind, everything start from Zero, no one will recognise you if you do nothing, that applied to everything in this world.

cheers...
__________________
James Low
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(PLS READ)Shutter Asia Challenge #12 (Long Shutter Speed) October 2008 orionmystery Shutter Asia Challenge #12 - October 2008 10 10-23-2008 11:33 PM
Buy/Sell Section at Shutter Asia - Non-Commercial Sales Only ShaolinTiger News & Announcements 0 02-18-2008 01:17 AM
Buy and Sell Sections at Shutter Asia ShaolinTiger Buy or Sell at Shutter Asia 0 09-11-2007 10:23 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Content and Design Copyright 2007-2013 Shutter Asia - All Rights Reserved
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design