Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Shutter Asia Others > Car Lovers
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Old 10-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Serious Shutter

Motor Vehicle Insurance

P&O must be the worst motor insurance company in the country that I have ever come across.

My experiences.

1. Accident in 2008 [http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/sho...=16445&page=3]. Sent my car to Toyota and according to them, I can’t claim knock-on-knock because I was hit by a taxi. I was advised to pay cash first or claim from my own insurance provider and to claim from the taxi’s insurance company later. Since the cost was estimated to be about RM20K, I decided to claim from my insurance first, P&O. Later when I went to renew my insurance policy, I was told that I have lost my NCD because I have made a claim. I clearly clarified with the insurance company at the point of claiming the insurance after the accident that the accident is not my fault and it is confirmed in the police report and we agreed that my NCD will not be affected. After much discussion, I was refunded the NCD but the record wasn't corrected. When I renewed the policy this year, I was only given one year NCD. Due to my own laziness, I am not interested in pursuing further on this issue.

2. Accident in 2009 happened in April and I only got back the car in July (3 months). Again I was not at fault and was clearly stated in the police report. In fact, I was advised by the police to try to claim for medical cost for injury suffered by my father who was the driver then. Anyway, that’s not the issue. The issue is the excessive time period taken by the insurance adjuster to process the claim. And for the claim for the loss of use, I only receive the letter today, another 3 months!!!!! And to add insult, the lose of used was stated as 10 days!!!!! From 3 months down to the 10 days???? The blady adjuster had seen the car in the workshop and the whole engine was taken out. By what standard did he judge the repair period? F1 standard where they rebuild a car overnight????

The car belongs to my wife and in case 2, she said she is going to give them a piece of her mind.

I have checked with my friends about the motor insurance claim and nobody has any such lousy experience with any such inefficient and unscrupulous insurance company. I personally had a pleasant experience with another insurance company whereby I sold my car after about 2 months of renewing the insurance and was refunded the full policy amount I have paid.

Last edited by hyin21; 10-28-2009 at 12:44 AM..
Old 10-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Shutter God

Yah I had nothing but great experience with Lonpac so far, refunded my policy fine, accident always dealt with quickly and effectively.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:27 PM
New Shutter User

Lodge an official complain with the head office and state a reasonable deadline for them to reply to you. Failing which, send a reminder and c.c. to BNM & CAP.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Shutter Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinTiger View Post
Yah I had nothing but great experience with Lonpac so far, refunded my policy fine, accident always dealt with quickly and effectively.
Yup...Lonpac is one of the best motor insurer.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:37 PM
New Shutter User

Fight California Traffic Ticket with california traffic ticket . 100% money back guarantee - No hidden fees! We can fight almost any traffic ticket California for a flat fee for all citations. Call us today at (818)332-0255.