Originally Posted by Bongo Fury View Post
Sorry but the magic eludes me.
It's ok, still thank you for viewing
Old 01-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Shutter Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Fury View Post
Sorry but the magic eludes me.
I would agree. Composition and subject lacks punch.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Shutter Fan

I would agree, a lot of my friends don't really like lomo, they said photos don't looked clear, but i love the imperfection but not everyone agrees with me.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Shutter Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minjeh80 View Post
I would agree, a lot of my friends don't really like lomo, they said photos don't looked clear, but i love the imperfection but not everyone agrees with me.
No,.. don't get be wrong. I like lomo. Just that the subjects you are taking, it lacks punch. Sorry to say this,... this is not street photography or lomography.

Street photography means a lot more than just snap shots. It is about capturing the "moment" and preserving it forever. There are no moments in your shots. Hence, it lacks something interesting to hold any weight. It lacks that impact, lacks that subject, lacks the impression, lacks composition and also lacks the magic. Most importantly, lacks the story. It does not just applied to street, but those lomo shots which I see on flickr as well.

I am no pro in this field, however, I can say I am at least a student of this genre who is eager to learn what this genre does and what impact it leaves on us.

You need that impression in your shots.

Look at Henri Cartier-Bresson's work or even the more modern Severin Koller's works,... you will know what I mean.

Last edited by clipper79; 01-13-2010 at 11:34 PM..
Old 01-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Shutter Fan

I agreed i have long to go and a lot more things to learn well, maybe i didn't gave my photos a good description, but what i like about lomo is the effect created by the supposedly defect. It makes a not-so-interesting photo more depth, that's the magic i'm talking about I mentioned before art is subjective and photography is a type of art, right? i will try to improve more next time
Old 01-18-2010, 12:05 AM
Shutter Fan

Quote:
I agreed i have long to go and a lot more things to learn well, maybe i didn't gave my photos a good description, but what i like about lomo is the effect created by the supposedly defect. It makes a not-so-interesting photo more depth, that's the magic i'm talking about I mentioned before art is subjective and photography is a type of art, right? i will try to improve more next time
I can not agree with you on this one too. Art is subjective and that is right,... provided it has followed the rules of it's governing discipline. Breaking the rules only comes after this understanding is well understood.

Simply pointing and shooting without having a purpose does not hold much in photography. Even if it is abstract, it still has a deep hidden meaning behind them. It could be an exploration of composition or even story telling. Basically it needs to fit the rules of basic photography.

For example http://www.flickr.com/photos/edwardolive/467001737/.
Taken from edwardolive (flickr) Lomo LCA

It has strong perspective lines. These create leading lines with lead to a subject, in this case a man (which now completes a picture).

I hope you know what I mean when it comes to composition. Photography without it,... means nothing, and lacks depth. Not to mention even the magic

Keep this in mind the next time you head out to shoot,... you will create magic in no time Cheers.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Shutter Starter

http://www.lomography.com/about/the-ten-golden-rules

here's the rules!!! hehe anyway forget bout those rules!!! be creative though...
Old 01-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Shutter Fan

I agreed and disagreed. I think as far as art goes, it should not be governed too much by rules, that will inhibit creativity. Rules are man-made, who knows maybe one of this day, either you or me may come up with something fantastic one day and people might start following, and it might just become a rule
Old 01-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Shutter Starter

Quote:
I agreed and disagreed. I think as far as art goes, it should not be governed too much by rules, that will inhibit creativity. Rules are man-made, who knows maybe one of this day, either you or me may come up with something fantastic one day and people might start following, and it might just become a rule
Yup...as can see #10 rule...don't worry bout other rules...hehe
Old 01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Shutter Fan

I guess there is nothing left to be said if ignorance is bliss.