Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Gear & Technique > Canon Equipment
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-31-2008, 08:55 AM
houseater houseater is offline
Shutter Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
how to watch the movie...

wat software are you using to watch the video from 5D Mk II? i have installed the CD from 5D Mk II n using the window media player...
when played got sound but no movie la.... must use quicktime to watch onli is it? HELP!!! HELP!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-31-2008, 09:33 AM
JasLyn's Avatar
JasLyn JasLyn is offline
Serious Shutter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 462
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Country:
Waaa... this question is for the rich community kekekeke....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-31-2008, 12:51 PM
doubliewkay doubliewkay is offline
Shutter Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Shah Alam
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
U probably do not have the codec to view the movie.
U might just need to install the divx codec or probably u can download VLC as the player.
__________________
Click to Join and Submit Photos to make $$$!
| Shutterstock | Dreamstime | Fotolia |
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-03-2009, 01:07 PM
houseater houseater is offline
Shutter Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
jaslyn... no rich community la... juz photo passion community la...

anyway manage to download quicktime and installed it.. it workz finally.. thankz for the suggestion doubliewkay...

now new problem occur... my pc a bit slow to watch HMDI from 5D Mk II... its time to change new pc.. 5D Mk II is causin me to spend more now...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-06-2009, 09:32 AM
lucifer lucifer is offline
New Shutter User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Klang / Kemuning, Shah Alam
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseater View Post
......................
now new problem occur... my pc a bit slow to watch HMDI from 5D Mk II... its time to change new pc.. 5D Mk II is causin me to spend more now...

What's your pc spec? Could that be QT limitation instead. You meant you trying to watch the HD movie on your pc right? Or you trying to connect through HDMI port from the camera connecting to your pc HDMI port (bit lost track on desktop pc development, not sure if HDMI port is standard nowsaday ). Am playing the HD movie on my laptop with 256MB VGA RAM but didn't notice any slag
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-06-2009, 09:46 AM
neoro's Avatar
neoro neoro is offline
Shutterfreak
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,964
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Country:
Download VLC and go to dpreview to search for a 5dmk2 playback setting for VLC. Just need to uncheck a few features to make the video play "smoother".

Else you'll have to downsample the 5Dmk2's output. Only end, I do recommend having the video run 10 seconds ahead then recording your main item. My playback (raw playback) has always been a bit jerky at the start.
__________________
My Photo Gallery : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tang_yiming
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-06-2009, 10:24 AM
narrowband narrowband is offline
Shutter Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoro View Post
Download VLC and go to dpreview to search for a 5dmk2 playback setting for VLC. Just need to uncheck a few features to make the video play "smoother".

Else you'll have to downsample the 5Dmk2's output. Only end, I do recommend having the video run 10 seconds ahead then recording your main item. My playback (raw playback) has always been a bit jerky at the start.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...&q=vlc+5d&qf=m

I needed that too. The video I recorded with your camera plays like 1-frame/sec on my PC!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
neoro's Avatar
neoro neoro is offline
Shutterfreak
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,964
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by narrowband View Post
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...&q=vlc+5d&qf=m

I needed that too. The video I recorded with your camera plays like 1-frame/sec on my PC!
Ah... thats the Fix !!
__________________
My Photo Gallery : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tang_yiming
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-07-2009, 06:27 AM
aztec aztec is offline
Shutter Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
Tested on my friend's MKII. Quicktime works fine..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-08-2009, 04:43 PM
houseater houseater is offline
Shutter Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Country:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer View Post
What's your pc spec? Could that be QT limitation instead. You meant you trying to watch the HD movie on your pc right? Or you trying to connect through HDMI port from the camera connecting to your pc HDMI port (bit lost track on desktop pc development, not sure if HDMI port is standard nowsaday ). Am playing the HD movie on my laptop with 256MB VGA RAM but didn't notice any slag
my pc is onli p4 3.ghz <hyper thread> 3 gig ram... didnt realize it is old until i'm processing the 5D Mk II raw photos... take like 2s to view the raw file, 5s to view 100%... so i'm pengsan"ing" waitin...

is the intel core duo quad (C2Q Q8200) fast enuf karr ? with motherboard Intel DG42NB....

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoro View Post
Download VLC and go to dpreview to search for a 5dmk2 playback setting for VLC. Just need to uncheck a few features to make the video play "smoother".

Else you'll have to downsample the 5Dmk2's output. Only end, I do recommend having the video run 10 seconds ahead then recording your main item. My playback (raw playback) has always been a bit jerky at the start.
dun wan to downsample 5D Mk II movie... wanna see at full size... kekeke
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bee Movie noruazumi Wildlife, Birds, Insects & Nature 12 08-19-2008 11:35 AM
The Simpsons Movie ShaolinTiger Chit-Chat & Off-Topic 10 08-06-2007 07:52 PM
Watch Out! Its Hot! mhafizahmad Landscape, Cityscape and Panorama 3 07-17-2007 11:47 AM
Photos to Movie sharontansw General & Mobile Phone Photography 4 06-10-2007 03:50 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Site Content and Design Copyright 2007-2013 Shutter Asia - All Rights Reserved
Inactive Reminders By Icora Web Design