Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Shutter Asia General > News & Announcements
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Old 11-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Shutter Council

I would like to thank all of you for your supports and understanding on this. Appreciate it a lot.

I also honestly think it is actually pointless to make a minimum number of post before one able to post something at Buy/Sell section as people might post something ridiculous instead of something that contributing to the community. Plus, 20 posts/photos/comments is very easy to achieved. It will take less than an hour to get that number.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Shutterfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperturef1 View Post
Thanks for your explanation. I would definately post some photos if I think worth posting and something special.

But please don't get me wrong, I totally support this thread, I just want to highlight what normally 'small people' or 'nobody' think.

Some people get encouragement or motivation if someone give a positive comments in their post, some people buy/sell or try up new gear will get exitement, some are collectors, they are happy because they found what they want, some are technical freak, they gain satisfaction when he could help another.

No matter who you are, as long as one can gain happiness in this forum, then just let it be.

but the funny part is, I never contribute WTS thread before beside 1 or 2 bump for some friends.
Bro, no hard feelings ya, hope you don't get me wrong too... We (ShutterAsia Admin Team) do appreciate any one of you to give us feedback. If you have the point, we might have to consider it over again.

Again, happy posting...

Old 11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Shutterfreak

Sometimes, a 'nobody' comes in and post WOW-derful pix, the thread is super long with praises...

Sometimes...an old member post sucky or normal pix also get a long thread...
But it's kena bashing and then the poster tak suka, got a reply for every comment that he dun like...that's why it's so long...

Sometimes....a member post pix and no comment, means it's probably not that good la.... (Sadly, I get this more often than not..LoL..)

So what's the moral of the story? Shoot more and produce wow pix that many people comment wahhhhhh so u know u are going the right way...and never give up lor....Member here all quite helpful one...not simply bashing for the heck of it...'Eat full full, too free meh?' (Chiak Pah Siew Eng Meh?) Hokkien version...
Old 11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Shutter Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperturef1 View Post
I was started in forum mainly to hunt some photography stuff, never post any photos because I know in Forum society, if you are nobody, you will get less or no feedback and comments even how impressive your photos are, for some members, I notice their photos simply sucks, just because he/she is someone famous, he/she received lots of positive comments.

Or I put another scenario, someone keep posting some normal photos, for example insects, well, first or second post people will entertain, but keep on posting some normal non challenging photos that me or maybe my maid also know how to shoot, but the members accumulated tones of feedbacks, I started realize those members that gives feedbacks mostly are from the same group of members, simply because they know each other, and need their feedback in return, so they will flood in comments, for whose they don't know, sorry! they don't even care to open their thread.

For those 'nobody' in the forum, what to keep them interest to re-visit this forum beside seeing WTS section?

My advise is, don't bother to stop members doing buy/sell in the forum, sooner or later they will start post their virgin thread and start gain the fun of posting photos, question and reply.

Btw, I noticed my post count has dropped tremendously, is there any rules that I haven't discover regarding how SA decrease your post count if you are not following the rules of ........?

Cheers...
As mentioned...we all started out as "nobody". It's a stage everyone has to go through.

Boring bugs photos get lots of replies? Wait till you see crappy, blur, under/overexposed models pix where everyone goes: wow..more more more
Old 11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Shutter Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karheng View Post
Sometimes....a member post pix and no comment, means it's probably not that good la.... (Sadly, I get this more often than not..LoL..)
actually it would be good if more experienced members could chime in in these situations so that the poster can improve...
Old 11-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Shutterfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyejon View Post
actually it would be good if more experienced members could chime in in these situations so that the poster can improve...
That's why u see quotes like COME SHOOT ME....

OM: SPOT ON MATE!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Shuttertastic

but sometimes the pix is so "snapshot-ish" i dunno wat to comment so i practice the "bambi principle"... if u can't think of anything good to say, dun say anything."

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyejon View Post
Old 11-10-2008, 05:32 PM
New Shutter User

Hi all,

I see alot of comments and opinions given. I guess that shows the spirit of what a FORUM should be is truelly alive and kicking here in SA. There are members who agree and there are those who disagree... but everyone is free to express his/her opinion.

But I think the mod is right when he is trying to encourage members to contribute more as the spirit of this forum is to actually promote photography and sharing our experience/constructive criticism on various topics related to photography. Not just Buy and Sell... Let me be one of the first to admit that I am not one of those who contribute alot in terms of comments but I hope that will change given some time.

By the way, aperturef1's comment about post count is rather true. I have not been long in SA but I remember that I have a post count of approximately 30+ comments but now it is only 3 (including this one I think should be 4 now). How is that so??? Hope the mod don't mind to PM me and maybe share with me what happened to the rest of my post counts...

Last edited by jonng; 11-10-2008 at 05:34 PM..
Old 11-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Shutter Ninja

Post count has prob changed as we have made post in Buy/Sell like the chit chat section. Post in those sections do not add to your post count. Therefore, when that was done, your posts in that section would be subtracted from your total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonng View Post
Hi all,

I see alot of comments and opinions given. I guess that shows the spirit of what a FORUM should be is truelly alive and kicking here in SA. There are members who agree and there are those who disagree... but everyone is free to express his/her opinion.

But I think the mod is right when he is trying to encourage members to contribute more as the spirit of this forum is to actually promote photography and sharing our experience/constructive criticism on various topics related to photography. Not just Buy and Sell... Let me be one of the first to admit that I am not one of those who contribute alot in terms of comments but I hope that will change given some time.

By the way, aperturef1's comment about post count is rather true. I have not been long in SA but I remember that I have a post count of approximately 30+ comments but now it is only 3 (including this one I think should be 4 now). How is that so??? Hope the mod don't mind to PM me and maybe share with me what happened to the rest of my post counts...

Old 11-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Serious Shutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
but sometimes the pix is so "snapshot-ish" i dunno wat to comment so i practice the "bambi principle"... if u can't think of anything good to say, dun say anything."

hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil

Jack