Shutter Asia Forum  

Home Forum Shoutbox Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Shutter Asia Forum > Photography > Street Photography, Urban & Candid
Register Facebook Flickr Rules

Old 10-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Serious Shutter

Talking Project Hungry Ghost 2012

When I was a little kid, I always explore the annual Hungry Ghost Festival in my neighborhood. My mom had forbidden me to go (many times). According to her "the wandering ghost of the dead, including the vengeful spirits will take their revenge, and may cause trouble during the unholy month". The endless stories of Yuān Guǐ (冤鬼): the ghost of someone who has died a wrongful death (they roam the world of the living, depressed and restless, seeking to have their grievances redressed) - it FAILED to scare me. Being an inquisitive child, I'm always curious about the “why” behind everything.

I've never taken pictures of Hungry Ghost Festival. My instinct tell me that it is NOT RIGHT to barge into the festival and start snapping away. At first I was a bit hesitant, but what the heck....journalist were covering the annual event and the festival was in jovial mood. Who cares?

Title:
White Guard for Tai Su Yeah (King of Hades)

About:
The White Guard paper effigy was placed right next to the King of Hades (aka God of The Underworld).

Photo Technical Details:
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/60 s
ISO: 1600
F-STOP: f/5.6
FOCAL LENGTH: 85mm
CAMERA: Nikon D3200

My blog post:
http://goo.gl/uNUJ5

Title:
Black Guard for Tai Su Yeah (King of Hades)

About:
The Black Guard effigy was positioned on the left side of King of Hades. A difficult shot. The place was dark, full of incense smoke and the priest was busy offering prayers to the devotees.

Photo Technical Details:
SHUTTER SPEED: 1/30 s
ISO: 3200
F-STOP: f/5.6
FOCAL LENGTH: 90mm
CAMERA: Nikon D3200

My blog post:
http://goo.gl/uNUJ5
Old 08-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Shutter Starter

interesting shots